Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Frosted's Fifteen - Kelsey

When we started this blog, we promised profiles of our fantastic staff. We're ready to pay up! We thought we'd start from the beginning; Kelsey's been with us the longest and we couldn't be happier to show you what she's all about.1. How long have you worked at Frosted?
- 2 crazy years July 1st!
2. What do you do at Frosted?
- Well, my main deal at Frosted is the frosting and tons of it! Aside from my skills with the spatula, I also frequent the front counter.
3. How long did it take you to learn how to frost, the Frosted way?
- Not gonna lie, I was a natural… Haha, I’m a pretty quick study so it only took me about a week or so.
4. What is the best thing about working at Frosted?
- I think the best thing about working at Frosted is being around our amazing staff and customers. We have so many awesome customers, and a super fun staff, so it’s tons of fun to be there. There’s never a dull moment at Frosted!
5. What is your favorite thing to do at Frosted?
- My favorite thing is being involved in the creative process at Frosted. Whether I’m making tiers, melting chocolate molds, or tinting frosting to match every color in the spectrum, I have a great time doing it.
6. What is your least favorite thing to do at Frosted?
- Hmm… I think my least favorite thing to do at Frosted is… probably taking out the trash! I really can’t complain about my daily duties at Frosted, frosting cupcakes sure beats another job anyday!
7. What is your favorite Frosted memory?
- My favorite Frosted memory is the Claremont Street Fair we held recently. It was a really fun day, we had tons of activities and people.
8. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you at Frosted?
- That’s a toughie, I’ve had plenty of funny times at Frosted but a standout was the Chocolate Festival of 2007… we were in a total bind, jamming to get the mini Chocolate/Chocolate cupcakes out for the people when all of a sudden…. I knocked all of the chocolate sprinkles onto the ground! We had so many people in the kitchen because we were so busy, and every single one of them stopped and looked. It was like a scene from a movie! At that moment we just kept moving, and thought back on it and laughed.
9. What question do you get asked the most?
- “Do you have red velvet???”
10. What do you like to do when you aren’t at Frosted?
- When I’m not at Frosted, I enjoy painting and drawing! I love spending time with my best friends, and just having as much fun as possible!
11. Where do you/will you/did you go to college?
- I’m currently majoring in Art at CSULB…go Beach!
12. What do you want to be when you grow up?
- I’d totally love to be a happy, successful artist.
13. What is your favorite cupcake?
- My favorite cupcake is the Royal White/ Chocolate.
14. What is it about that cupcake you like so much?
- It’s definitely the perfect combination of delicious chocolate buttercream and our Royal White cake! So good! Simplicity at its finest.
15. Are you tired of cupcakes yet?
- NEVER!!! How can anyone be tired of cupcakes, geez!

No comments: